Once again, I’ve signed up for the Aussie Author Challenge hosted by Jo at Booklover Book Reviews. I’m aiming for the Wallaroo level:
– Read and review 6 titles written by Australian authors, of which at least 2 of those authors are female, at least 2 of those authors are male, and at least 2 of those authors are new to you;
– Fiction or non-fiction, at least 2 genres.
As I’m a little(!) late with my sign-up post, I’ve already reviewed several books for the challenge:
- The Golden Boys by Sonya Hartnett: review
- Claiming Noah by Amanda Ortlepp: review (new to me)
- The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty: review
- Watching You by Michael Robotham: review
- Entitlement by Jessica White: forthcoming (new to me)
To reach the target of Wallaroo I need to read at least one other Aussie male author (and I’m guessing Damon Young’s picture book for children, My Nanna is a Ninja, probably doesn’t qualify). I know I’ll pass the target for female authors, as I’ve just finished Ann Turner’s debut psychological thriller, The Lost Swimmer, and I have Honey Brown’s new novel, Six Degrees, on my To Be Read pile, so I may end up qualifying for the Kangaroo level. To do that, I’d have to come up with three more male Aussie writers.
What recent books by Australian male authors would you recommend and why?